Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Performing electrical design work for electrical substations ranging from 4 kV to 500 kV.
· Preparing complete drawings of structures, layouts, facilities or general arrangements including section and detail views and profiles in a manner to provide clear and concise representation of facilities.
· Preparing electrical single lines, AC & DC schematics and wiring drawings.
· Preparation of project drawings through preliminary selection of alternatives, layouts and arrangements.
· Demonstrating personal development of technical knowledge through interface with the engineering departments in the execution and review of project assignments.
· Acquiring and maintaining advanced skill levels through the progression of software releases and upgrades.
· Assisting in the training and advancement of skills for other, less -experienced designing and drafting department personnel.
Minimum Requirements: 5+ years’ of electric substation design experience, including schematics, wiring diagrams, physical layout and facility design required. The successful candidate must possess advanced computer skills and be an expert in the use, operation and maintenance of AutoCAD. A sound operating knowledge of MicroStation is preferred. Must have proven effective verbal and written communication skills. Must also be results oriented and capable of completing design assignments with minimal direction, be effective in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and be able to interface with team members and clients. This position requires a strong work ethic with attention to detail, quality, schedule and budget. Occasional travel/driving may be required. Successful applicant is subject to ECI’s auto insurance carrier requirements. Applicants must not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status) now or in the future.
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include:
Electrical Consultants, Inc. (ECI) employs over 700 engineers, designers, project managers, surveyors, ROW agents, environmental planners, construction professionals and support staff in 20+ offices across the U.S. The firm has 35 years of experience in the planning, engineering and construction of a wide range of power delivery projects including substations, transmission lines, distribution systems, communication systems and industrial facilities.
Submit letter of application and resume and list of three professional references.
An Equal Opportunity Employer